Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Rhianna..say what?!

Oh goodness! Let's call him Pop Diva. Mr. Pop Diva indeed. I have to say hands down, one of the most interesting conversations I have had in a long long time. We bonded over knee injuries and the emotional rollar coaster that you ride when you have to go to doctor after doctor to tell you that they really can't help you or fix you. Or that they have no idea what is wrong with your knee. Yup. That was how our conversation started.

Then he proceeded to tell me about his love for music. His love for pop music. Yes. Pop music. Brittney, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, Beyonce are all of his favorites and are all women that he jams to. Yup. Mr. Pop Diva loves these women so much that he even told me that he blares his car stereo and sings at the top of his lungs "I feel like a Woman." That is correct. Shania Twain's hit back in the day. Um...Really?! I mean I do it too, but I'm a woman. Not some macho MMA fighter who loves pop music but isn't a fan of alternative rock. So he says he can't listen to Weezer or Good Charolotte or Jack Johnson. Why? Because they are all men who are whinny and he's not a fan of the whinny man who cries about his sorry life in a song. After I digested this fact that I learned from him, I learned other details of his life that still left me wondering whether or not Mr. Pop Diva was pulling my leg. He announced to me that he loves Dirty Martinis and delicious Bloody Mary's with lots of Tabasco to make it spicy! I thought he was joking. Nope. He wasn't. He can't drink beer because it makes him sleepy so unless he's at a loud bar or sporting event, beer is out of the question. Ok. I understand that. But Dirty Martinis'? Should I buy you a Cosmo then when we meet?

Of course after I learned more about him, Mr. Pop Diva intrigued me. His profile pictures showed a suave, gorgeous-bodied man and his profile cast this glimpse of a career-minded professional who knew where he was going. However, the conversation I had with him left me wanting to know more about this man who had a love of pop music. We agreed to meet and have drinks to continue the conversation of where we left off. I still can't believe he is not a fan of rock music. How can you not like it? So is Nickelback out of the picture then? Sad. Maybe we can't be friends... Or maybe we can sing along to Circus together while drinking dirty martinis at the bar later on. Bring it on!

No comments: