Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aviator.. A Normal Guy!

Finally! A normal conversation with a normal guy! Aviator is awesome. We meet up at a local coffeehouse, not a starbucks and had a great afternoon. We talked about our jobs, hobbies, and family. There was no talk about exs or children or even the real heavy stuff. He has 2 brothers and is moving to Alexandria at the beginning of next year to be closer to Richmond. He was in the army and studied aviation engineering and now works for a major US airline. He has been almost all over the world with places that include Brazil, Japan, China, and Thailand. He hasn't been to Europe but really wants to. He also has been to New York City! I told him I would be his tour guide. Cute huh?

We didn't really get a chance to hang out too long because I never heard back from him early on so I made a reservation for a pilates class. I felt bad because he drove over an hour to meet me because of traffic, but he just never responded back to me after his email on Tuesday. Oh well. We talked alot about art and he was really interested to know about me and what I do when I'm not working. Overall it was a really great conversation. He walked me to my car at the end of our meeting and I gave him a hug which was a bit longer than the usual "nice to meet you hug." We pulled away and all of a sudden I found myself in that awkward position of "Do we kiss now? Do you want to kiss me?" moment. I'm still getting over a cold and certainly didn't want to get him sick so I quickly pulled away. I swear I was blushing really bad and I hope he didn't catch that! We agreed to meet later but because he travels alot, it would be him contacting me. I'm OK with that. I do hope I get to see him again but if nothing else, I had a lovely time with a cute southern boy. Precious.

UPDATE: I tried to reach out to him but no avail. Oh well. Like I said, I had a great time and wouldn't change a thing...well maybe the end result. I would have kissed him if I had to do it again. You live and you learn right?

No comments: