Sunday, October 10, 2010

A perfect day for a wedding..No, not mine.

Oh, it was a warm autumn day and the perfect day for a wedding. My cousin's wedding. I love weddings. The food, the dress, the decorations, the flowers, and of course the happy couple. What I don't like is at the reception, when they call all the single ladies to catch the bouquet, people are always trying to call you out for being single. It's not always a bad thing, but if the last thing you want to do is stand in a crowd of single women who are vying to snatch the bouquet from your hands, then it's not fun. I was a good sport and went onto the dance floor anyway. The bouquet was tossed and it flew over all of our heads. The moment it hit the ground, I felt trampled as all the women rushed to pick it up off the floor and fight for it like it was a huge diamond ring up for grabs. No, thanks. I'll pass. To make matters worse, there was not a single eligible man there. Sure there were men there, but it was a small wedding and almost everyone seemed attached or their partner wasn't at the wedding for various reasons. Oh well, no hot and heavy random-wedding-make-out at this one. Til next time.

Since there were no eligible men there, I decided to take matters into my own hands and meet up with a man-friend down in DC after the wedding. Let's call him Dimples. Oh Dimples! I always thought he was hot, but even in our college years, on a drunken night out, we respected each other too much to be each other's random casual hookup. Oh what I wouldn't give to have this delicious man in my life. He just got out of a long-term relationship and is only looking for casual sex. Too bad. We didn't date in college because then he was looking for just casual sex as well. The she came along and made him a long-term guy but she wasn't his THE ONE. Now, Dimples is back to casual sex. Crap. Do I want casual sex? Well, yes. With him, well no. He is too much of a friend for our friend relationship to go sour. Sex always complicates things in a relationship like that and he is too valuable to risk it...at least for now ;) So off I went, back to my own bed, while Dimples got a late night rendezvous under his bedsheets.

No comments: