Saturday, October 9, 2010

A short list of stories

So I've already met 4 since I logged on to both OkCupid and Match. Kisser, Young one, Daddy's boy, and Babies. I thought Kisser was cute, but when we met..his pictures did not match him! I agreed to meet up with him at a bar for drinks..little did I know that he was working that night. He was a bouncer at a bar and told me to show up on a Friday night. I did and just sat there sipping on one cocktail while he watched the door. BORING! When I was trying to make my escape, he invited me to breakfast at 1am when he was getting off. I tried to back down, but I was a bit hungry and he agreed to go to a diner close to where I live...I couldn't come up with a great excuse, so I agreed. He was nice, just not for me. After breakfast, he walked me to my car and tried to kiss me.. 3 TIMES! I get it. I may have sent him mixed messages by going to breakfast with him. Ok. Fine. Try once, not 3 times! Needless to say, I left him probably angry, but I was just not interested.

Young one - Oh he was super cute and 24. Yea not that much younger, but to me, it seemed alot younger. We met at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum. He ordered calamari, which I tried and did not find appealing. He talked about his drunken adventures with his friends, and then some more drunken adventures, and then some more. Needless to say, this was the most G-rated date ever! I passed on cheesecake because I just wanted to get out of there and it seemed like he was more interested in telling me stories than he was interested in me. Oh well.

Daddy's Boy - He seemed real nice and when he messaged me, I immediately gave him my number. I'm not sure why. I just felt sassy on a great Sunday morning. We texted all day and he invited me to meet his friends at a bar to watch the Redskins game. I wanted to go, but not on our first meeting. Too weird! I politely declined and then he called me later on in the day. We talked about random things for 3 hours! Yup. 3 hours! We agreed to officially meet in 2 days. We talked again the next day over the phone again. Another long conversation. I found out that he was sporting a black eye. Yup. A shiner. He said that he had gotten into a fight with some dude and that same dude sent his own girlfriend to the hospital the next day. Now Daddy's Boy has to go to court to testify. Um What?! Well I already had agreed to meet him so I still went. The meeting went fine. We sat at the bar, which was kinda odd, but he did ask if I wanted a table. He was dressed very casual and I was not. I was wearing a summer dress and he was in ripped up jeans and a tee. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but on a first date? So needless to say, I decided it was best we stay at the bar instead of a fancy shmancy table. We had a great conversation over dinner. We laughed and talked for a few hours and then he had to leave the bar for family reasons. He didn't walk me to my car, but that was ok with me. Then a few days later, we txted each other again. He was really great but a little rough around the edges. I thought we could definitely hang out again. Then he asked me to come over because he was horny from drinking...Um. Pass.

Babies - Oh he was cute! and had 2 kids! We had a lovely time at dinner where I was told that he lives over an hour away from me and has 2 kids. I knew he lived far, but I had no idea about the kids. TOTALLY SPRUNG ON ME AT DINNER.. Who does that? The pictures I saw on his profile were with both of his kids, but I thought they were his sister or brother or even his cousins.. I mean they did look alike. Crap. I thought he was a great guy and I would totally be into him if he didn't have the kids. I like kids. I do. I'm just not ready to date someone with 2 of them. Especially because they are older, aged 5 and 7 and old enough to know their daddy dates. Too weird for me. I like you, yes. Thanks for dinner, but I cannot commit to you because I'm really not ready for that. Thanks for driving to meet me!

So there you have it. My 4 stories so far. All different and interesting. So far, so good. Right?

No comments: