Saturday, October 9, 2010

You're Here! and so am I. Here's why!

If you stumbled upon this blog by accident, well..WELCOME! I am a recently 27 yo single gal looking for love in the political world of DC. I was dating a guy whom I thought I was going to marry. We went thru the whole timeline..meeting, dating, and then finally moving together. He bought a house and I moved in with him and we started a life together. I even got a promise ring.. Yea I know. Mistake numero uno! I've read the comments of what a promise ring is and I vow never to get one again. It's a fake engagement ring. It is and its not for me. Anyway, it was great.. sorta like playing house. However, things just went south after we opened our doors to a family member and then all of a sudden, I found myself on the outside looking in. We had our issues just like everyone else, so that was not the downfall of our relationship, but it didn't help to have someone else living with us as we were going thru our "rocky moments." Everything was split down the middle and some things, I left  because the fighting just wasn't worth it. So I was ousted and had to find a place to live. Well, living in this city is pretty expensive, so I did what anyone would do. I found a free place. My parents. YIKES! I'm only here temporarily but over the past few months, I have come to terms with life and where I stand. Who cares that I live here? It might suck that I really can't bring anyone home, but I don't pay rent! I would much rather have more cash than to have sex whenever I want. No, I'm lying! But having more money helps in this economy!

So after finding myself single and alone, I did what anyone else does going thru a breakup does. I cried. I got depressed. I lost a few pounds or so. I felt utterly alone. And then something incredible happened. After I cried a river, I had to build a bridge and get over it.. so I stopped crying. I stopped feeling sorry for myself. I picked up the pieces and started getting my life together. Along the way, I signed up for online dating sites and started regaining the social life I used to have. I have a very small circle of friends and they don't really go out at all, so I decided that I really had to do this on my own. So I did.. I embarked on a whole different world. Online Dating. I've been in this world for about 2 months now and I felt the need to share the experiences with everyone because I know I'm not the only gal who has ever gone thru this, nor will I be the last.

So here goes. Wish me luck on this journey. I may find the person I am going to marry, or it might not happen, but it's worth giving it a try.

No comments: